Trip to Seattle PDF Print E-mail
Written by MasterCKO   
Saturday, 03 March 2007 18:34

So I just finished up a trip to Seattle for my work. It was not too bad. Here's a description.

Day 1
I was supposed to leave from SJC at around 5:30pm (I was enthused becuz I would have gotten to the hotel in time to watch the NBC Thursday "Comedy Night Done Right"). HOWEVER, there was a weird problem with the plane that no one knew how to handle, so the flight was initially just delayed, then cancelled. I could have changed to a flight the following day, but I opted for being taken to OAK to board a flight from there (Alaska Airlines paid for the ride). This kinda sucks for me since I had to cancel plans that I had for Thursday night because of this flight. Turns out in the end that I could've kept the plans. But oh well, I had no way of knowing things would work out this way. Anyway, got into SEA at about midnight, so I just went to bed when I got to the hotel.

Day 2
Woke up and headed out to the conference. I drove at first, but it was like only 5 blocks away, and I would have had to pay for parking, so I just went back to the hotel, parked there again and walked. There was a bit of a snafu with my admission into the conference (compounded on by a bitchy person who was "helping" me), but after calling in to my job and talking to a different, friendlier person, it worked out. There's nothing of note of the conference.

After the conference was over, I chilled in my room for a while, cuz I was dead tired. I contacted my friend Fred who works at Amazon and we went out for food and drinks with a few of his work buds. Actually, one of the guys used to work with me at Meyer way back when. It was cool. Good times.

Day 3
Went back to the conference for a bit, and talked to a few more people, but for some reason, it was a lot less productive than the first day. I think that it had to do with the fact that a lot of the companies that I hadn't talked to already were REALLY big and had PR firms/in-house development for the kind of things that the company I was representing does. Oh well. So I finished up a bit early (I had to check out anyway), drove around the Space Needle area (there's a Science Fiction Museum in the area!!!) and then headed back to SeaTac airport.

Overall, not a terrible trip, but I can't wait to get home.

..mastercko.., Powered by Joomla!; free resources by SG website hosting