1+1=Tsushima PDF Print E-mail
Written by MasterCKO   
Sunday, 11 February 2007 15:01

Sorry about the dorky name, but I couldn't think of anything more exciting. Haha. Anyway, onto the final installment of my trip to Japan entries.

Day 1 (pictures)
I left Mie and got on the bullet train to go to Hakata (博多) and from there Tsuhima (対馬) by boat. On the way over, I saw this huge bldg called the the Sanyo Solar Ark. It was ginormous! I was so stunned that I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it, but you can see one here. You don't get a sense of how HUGE this thing is from that picture though.

Anyway, I got to Hakata and waited to board the jetfoil into Tsushima. It was a very cool and fast ride. I then met up with Ev at the terminal in Tsushima. It was great to see her. Immediately, I was struck by how she was the same ol'd Ev. haha. That night I had dinner with this teacher that Ev knows and his family. Apparently, he's taken her in and shown her the ropes and all that. He's a very funny guy.

Day 2 (pictures)
I met this woman who is apparently a big name around the island and she took me around showing me all kind of sights around the island. I took a ton of pictures. Let's see if I can remember any of the places. Actually, no, I can't. When I put up the pictures, then you'll see. They're way too numerous to list.

Day 3
I just hung around doing nothing this day. When Ev came back, we went to the market that was a bit away from where she lived -- which is a small 2 story place, btw -- then she made yakisoba. It was REALLY good. I think that this was the day that I also met the other ALTs on Ev's island. They were awesome.

Day 4 (pictures)
I met up with the same influential woman as before and went around to more places around the island. Again, way too many places to name, but I climbed (ie: hiked) this mountain near town and went to this museum, among other places. After this, I went to dinner with Ev to a Chinese food place, then met up with her teacher mentor guy again and went for beer and kushiyaki (cooked skewers). Delicious, delicious. The waitress was a good friend of the teacher guy, too, so she was pretty fun to talk to.

Day 5 (pictures)
I headed back to Tokyo on this day. Actually, on the ferry over to Hakata, I met these students from Tsushima High going to the mainland for an entrance exam. It was cool sitting there and talking to them in English. When I told them that I could speak Japanese, they were super surprised.

I headed back to Tokyo (me and Shinkansen were good friends by then). I met up with Atsuko again for dinner at the Bubba Gump restaurant at the Tokyo Dome. It was good food. I think that it's funny that I haven't eaten there before at all the ones nearer to me before I got to this one in Japan. Anyway, it was good times.

Day 6
On this day, I had an interview set up for a headhunting company in Tokyo. The job would actually be at the headhunting company itself, not at one of their clients. I think that the interview went well, but I haven't heard from them in a while, so I don't know. Plus, do I really want to do that as a job?? *shrug*

After this, I rushed over to Tokyo Station and met up with Atsuko again. We took a train over to the airport. It was nice just chilling out with her. We had a bit of a snack at the airport, and then I boarded the plane. It was a great trip, but I couldn't wait to get back to my motorcycle, guitar and stuff.

And so ends my recollection of the trip to Japan. Soon, I'll put my pics up on Picasa.

..mastercko.., Powered by Joomla!; free resources by SG website hosting